Center for Family Success
The Center for Family Success’ mission is to improve outcomes for children of justice involved parents by providing parenting programs and family stabilization services.With a focus on family reunification and family strengthening, the Center works to break the cycle of family involvement in the justice system.
Key Center services include include:
- Parenting Inside Out. Parenting Inside Out (PIO) is a parent management skills program for justice involved parents. PIO gives parents the skills to successfully reintegrate with their families and to parent their children in healthy, prosocial ways. The class is available in English and in Spanish.
- Mentoring Inside Out. Mentor Inside Out is a comprehensive program that gives children of justice involved parents support to stay in school and to become healthy, successful adults. The program works with the whole family. It includes individual mentoring, group activities and transportation for youth to prison for visits with parents and parenting classes and support groups for parents and caregivers.
- Caring Dads. Caring Dads is a research informed program to help fathers improve their relationships with their children and end controlling, abusive, and neglectful behavior. Through 17 sessions, fathers develop skills to deal with frustrating situations, increase behavioral awareness and learn strategies to strengthen the father-child relationship.
- Home visiting program. Center staff who are experts in early childhood provide home visits to families with children ages 0-6. Visits entail coached parenting time, providing advocacy for families, and teaching developmentally-appropriate parenting tools.
- Wraparound support. Center advocates provide individual and family support to clients, including information and referral to health and social services, advocacy, parent coaching, and setting goals with families to help them achieve stability.
- Family engagement events. The Center provides free family engagement events at least once a month, which allow parents and children to have fun in a pro-social environment. Events include recreational activities such as picnics, hiking, and swimming, holiday parties, visits to local museums, and educational workshops.
- Reentry support. Center advocates provide individual and family support to parents as they transition out of jail or prison.
Center for Family Success contact information
Address: 1445 SE 122nd Ave., Portland, OR, 97233